- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Volunteer from New Zealand killed in battles with invaders in Ukraine – media
KYIV. March 21 (Interfax-Ukraine) – A volunteer from New Zealand, a former soldier of the country’s Armed Forces Kane Te Tai, was killed in battles with Russian invaders in the east of Ukraine, RNZ said.
According to the publication, the commander of the unit of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, in which the volunteer served, confirmed his death.
Earlier, there were reports in the media that Kane Te Tai had stopped communicating. New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs also said it was aware of the situation, but the fate of the soldier remained unknown.
Kane Te Tai had been in Ukraine for almost a year. He became the third New Zealand volunteer to be killed in the course of Russian aggression: in August 2022, Dominic Abelen, whose body has not yet been found, was killed in battle, and in January 2023, aid worker Andrew Bagshaw was killed by artillery fire while trying to rescue an elderly woman from her house.