- Ukrainian volunteers face problem of bringing humanitarian aid into country – experts 22.05.2022
- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
Vodafone restores 71% of mobile communication coverage in Kherson region – Special Communications Service
KYIV. May 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The mobile operator Vodafone Ukraine (PrJSC VF Ukraine) has restored 71% of mobile communication coverage in Kherson region due to traffic rerouting, the State Service for Special Communications and Information Protection reports.
"Thanks to traffic rerouting, Vodafone has restored 71% of mobile communications coverage in Kherson region. So far, without providing access to the Internet," the State Service for Special Communications said on Telegram.
As reported, on April 30, the Russian occupiers cut off communications of Ukrainian mobile operators in the temporarily occupied territories of Kherson and Zaporizhia regions.
Later it became known that the reasons for the lack of communication in Kherson and part of Zaporizhia regions were the breaks in the fiber-optic trunk lines and the disconnection of the equipment of operators in these regions from the power supply.