- Erdoğan arrives in Lviv 18.08.2022
- Zelensky, Erdoğan discuss Russian theft of Ukrainian grain, ZNPP issue, defense cooperation 18.08.2022
- Ukraine, Turkey sign memo on post-war reconstruction 18.08.2022
- Ukrzaliznytsia plans to extend fleet of grain carriers by another 500 units 18.08.2022
- Invaders preparing provocation at Zaporizhia NPP on Aug 19 – Intelligence Agency 18.08.2022
USA, allies discussing possibility of deploying thousands of troops in Eastern Europe – media
WASHINGTON. Jan 27 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The United States and a number of its allies are discussing the possibility of deploying several thousand more troops on NATO’s eastern flank, CNN said on Wednesday, citing unnamed U.S. officials.
According to them, among the countries that are considering the possibility of deploying additional forces of NATO partners on their territory are Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary. Each of these countries can host another 1,000 troops. It is noted that we are talking about battle groups, like those currently deployed in the Baltic countries and in Poland.
According to the sources of the television channel, in addition to the United States, the possibility of sending additional forces is being studied by the United Kingdom.