- UFU take control of 29 settlements in Kherson direction since Oct 1 – Hromov 06.10.2022
- RADA DISMISSES SHEVCHENKO FROM POST OF NBU HEAD, – 263 AFFIRMATIVE VOTES 06.10.2022
- TELEGRAM CHANNELS REPORT EXPLOSIONS IN KHERSON, NIKOPOL 06.10.2022
- Ukraine’s Embassy investigating situation with Ukrainians on Russian-Estonian border – MFA spokesperson 06.10.2022
- Russia attacks Ukraine by 86 Shahed-136 drones, 60% downed – AFU General Staff 06.10.2022
US Embassy congratulates OCU on third anniversary of receiving Tomos
KYIV. Jan 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The U.S. Embassy congratulated the Orthodox Church of Ukraine (OCU) on the third anniversary of receiving the Tomos of Autocephaly.
“Congratulations to the Orthodox Church of Ukraine on the third anniversary of receiving the Tomos of Autocephaly! Ukrainians should be free to worship as they choose, without external interference,” the embassy said on Twitter.
As reported, on December 15, 2018, a Unification Council was held in Kyiv, at which the Orthodox Church of Ukraine was created, headed by Metropolitan Epiphanius of Kyiv and All Ukraine. A local council was held in front of the Unification Council, the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Kyiv Patriarchate and the UAOC decided to liquidate. Several hierarchs of the UOC (MP) also joined the newly formed church.