- DTEK regards Zelensky's statements as unfair, baseless 27.11.2021
- Delivery of 50,000 vials of Remdesivir to Ukraine expected by Dec 15 – health minister 27.11.2021
- State overthrow being prepared by FSB officer, three defectors from Interior Ministry – media 27.11.2021
- Burba wants to sue for charge of disclosing classified info 27.11.2021
- There is no conflict of interest between Yermak and Tatarov – Zelensky 27.11.2021
US concern about Russian troops near Ukraine based on open data – Department of State
WASHINGTON. Nov 23 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The United States, when it expresses alarm about the buildup of Russian troops near Ukraine, is based not only on classified data, but also on information posted in the public domain, Department of State Press Secretary Ned Price said on Monday.
At a briefing, Price said there are reasons for the U.S. fears in the public domain. In addition, some of their data is secret.
Price said that the United States anxiety is based on how Russis has acted in the past. He did not begin to answer the journalist’s question about what would be the reaction in Washington in the event of an aggravation of the situation. Price only said they do not want to announce their plans in advance.
On Sunday, it was reported that Head of the Defense Intelligence Agency of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine Kyrylo Budanov said that Russia has concentrated over 92,000 troops near the borders of Ukraine and is preparing for an attack in late January or early February 2022.