- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
UN Mine Action Service to work in Ukraine – Interior Ministry
KYIV. May 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine said the UN Mine Action Service (UNMAS) plans to deploy its mission in Ukraine.
"The process of humanitarian demining of the contaminated territories of Ukraine and preparation for it is not easy and takes time. The Ministry of Internal Affairs is working to speed up the clearance of mines and shells that the Russian military has planted on Ukrainian soil, and to attract experienced international organizations to help," according to the statement of the Interior Ministry, posted in the Telegram channel on Tuesday.
The ministry said that on May 3, Deputy Interior Minister Mary Hakobyan and Deputy Head of the State Emergency Service Dmytro Bondar held a meeting with representatives of the UN Mine Action Service in Ukraine Simon Porter and Anatoly Tymoshenko.
"Currently, the UNMAS Demining Service, in coordination with other UN units, is developing mechanisms in the context of providing assistance from the UN, which Ukraine has asked for," the Interior Ministry said.
According to the ministry, representatives of the United Nations Mine Action Service in Ukraine are collecting information about the needs on the ground in need of mine action.