- Ukrainian volunteers face problem of bringing humanitarian aid into country – experts 22.05.2022
- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
Ukrzaliznytsia with World Central Kitchen organizes more than 25,000 free lunches at train stations for passengers of delayed trains
KYIV. May 4 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukrzaliznytsia, together with World Central Kitchen, Ukrainian restaurateurs and volunteers, will organize meals for passengers of delayed trains.
As noted in a message in the Telegram channel of Ukrzaliznytsia, as of 10:30 on Wednesday, 10 trains are moving with delays of more than 8 hours from the schedule, another 34 trains are delayed for a period of one and a half to seven and a half hours.
"For trains with the greatest delay, Ukrzaliznytsia, together with World Central Kitchen and other friends of the railway – both restaurateurs and volunteers, we will separately announce and show – already organizes more than 25,000 portions of free lunches at the stations of Kharkiv, Dnipro, Kyiv, Zaporizhia, Poltava, Yaremche, Uzhgorod, Lviv and other cities," Oleksandr Shevchenko, deputy director of the Passenger Company branch of Ukrzaliznytsia for communications and customer service, wrote on his Facebook page.
He also said that the evacuation is proceeding according to the schedule.
As reported, Russian troops shelled six railway stations in the center and west of Ukraine on the evening of May 3.