- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Ukrzaliznytsia exports record 2.25 mln tonnes of grain since start of war in three weeks of Sept
KYIV. Sept 22 (Interfax-Ukraine) – For the period September 1-21, 2022, JSC Ukrzaliznytsia exported a record 2.25 million tonnes of grain cargo since the beginning of Russian aggression, which is 40.5% more than in August (1.6 million tonnes), Valeriy Tkachev, the deputy director of the commercial work department, said.
"We have set another record for the transportation of goods for export – 2.25 million tonnes, and this is only for the 21 days of September. I think that by the end of the month we will be able to reach the figure of 2.5 million tonnes, maybe we will try to transport up to 3 million tonnes," Tkachev said during an online meeting with industry participants on Thursday.
According to him, the company achieved such growth due to the increase in transportation of agricultural products to three Ukrainian seaports, unblocked under the Istanbul grain agreements.
At the same time, he clarified that 1.516 million tonnes of agricultural products were delivered to ports for further shipments to third countries (for the whole of August, almost half as much – 795,000 tonnes), while 732,000 tonnes of grain were transported through land border crossings on the western border (in August – 805,000 tonnes, less by 9%).
According to him, since the beginning of September, Ukrzaliznytsia has loaded a total of 1.89 million tonnes of grain cargo into wagons (for the whole of August – 1.74 million tonnes), which is 27.5% of the total loaded volume for this month of 6.32 million tonnes (9.28 million tonnes were shipped for export in August).