- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Ukrtransgaz to invest about UAH 900 mln in reconstruction of largest UGS facility in Europe
KYIV. Sept 2 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukrtransgaz, acting as the UGS operator in Ukraine, has begun the reconstruction of Europe’s largest Bilche-Volytsko-Uherske underground gas storage facility (UGS) with a capacity of over 17 billion cubic meters of active gas, the project is estimated at UAH 890 million, the operator’s press service reported.
"At the Bilche-Volytsko-Uherske UGS, the reconstruction of compressor shop No. 4 of the Bilche-Volytsia booster compressor station has begun. The project worth UAH 890 million is one of the largest in the investment portfolio of the UGS operator. The work will continue until the end of 2024," the report says.
According to the report, modernization has now started with the replacement of five gas turbine engines of Motor Sich with a capacity of 6.3 MW each, which, according to the company’s estimates, will make it possible to reduce fuel gas costs during the operation of UGS facilities by 20% and reduce emissions of harmful substances.
In general, the reconstruction of compressor shop No. 4 of the booster compressor station, in addition to replacing the engines, provides for the replacement of the air cleaning device, power electrical equipment, emergency control systems, fire extinguishing and gas detection, as well as alarm and standby gas turbine power plant.
"The operator of the Ukrainian UGS facility is currently carrying out a whole range of works that should extend the safe and efficient operation of UGS facilities, make them more modern, environmentally friendly and technologically advanced. It is important that we carry out such modernizations directly in Ukraine, in cooperation with the best Ukrainian developers and manufacturers," acting general director of Ukrtransgaz Serhiy Pereloma said.