- Ukraine waiting for third plane with lethal weapons from USA – Reznikov 25.01.2022
- Australia not to send troops to Ukraine, ready to aid in cybersecurity – FM 25.01.2022
- Kyiv Administration’s first dpty head Povoroznyk served with charges in ‘land plot for NSDC’ case – Klitschko 25.01.2022
- Volunteer formations to be deployed in small settlements, if necessary – Reznikov 25.01.2022
- Japanese Embassy does not plan to evacuate its staff or their families from Ukraine 25.01.2022
Ukrliktravy management suspected of illegal sale of crops for UAH 22 mln – SBU
KYIV. Jan 5 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has exposed a scheme of embezzlement and sale of crops by the management of the state-owned enterprise Ukrliktravy, which by selling the crop grown on the lands of the state-owned enterprise at low prices inflicted more than UAH 22 million of damage to the state, according to the Service’s website on Wednesday.
"The management of the state-owned enterprise was involved in the scheme. Officials, abusing their positions of power, signed ‘profitable’ contracts with controlled private enterprises on the sale and purchase of agricultural products at prices significantly lower than the market value. Subsequently, the entrepreneurs sold the purchased products at market prices, including and for export," the SBU said in a statement.
According to the service, the sale by malefactors of the harvest from 15,000 hectares of land belonging to the state-owned enterprise and its branches led to damage to the state in the total amount of over UAH 22 million.
During the searches carried out in Kyiv and regions, documentation confirming illegal activities and illegally sold agricultural products worth tens of millions of hryvnias was revealed.
The SBU clarified that all illegal agricultural products were seized.
The service continues to investigate the criminal proceedings under Article 191 (misappropriation, embezzlement or seizure of property by abuse of official position) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine. All persons involved in illegal activities are identified.
As reported, the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture (now the Ministry of Economy) in October 2020 initiated an unscheduled internal audit of the state-owned enterprise Ukrliktravy due to information about the unsatisfactory financial and economic condition of the enterprise.