- SBU chief, US Ambassador to Ukraine discuss issues of cooperation in fight against Russian aggression 30.03.2023
- Russia preparing to call up another 400,000 troops, probably using coercion – British intelligence 30.03.2023
- Three civilians killed, 11 wounded from Russian shelling over past day – Defense Ministry 30.03.2023
- Passport service Document starts operating in Germany 30.03.2023
- Ukraine’s Dpty Defense Minister in Poland gets acquainted with training of Ukrainian military, tests Leopard 2 tank 30.03.2023
Ukrenergo to begin repair of power line to Zaporizhia NPP damaged by Russians ASAP
KYIV. March 9 (Interfax-Ukraine) – NPC Ukrenergo will start repairing the power transmission line to the occupied Zaporizhia NPP, damaged by Russian invaders on Thursday, as soon as it has the opportunity to do so, the company’s press service has reported.
“As soon as there is an opportunity and permission from the troops, restoration will begin immediately,” the press service said on Thursday.
The press service said that with today’s attack, the last line connecting the Zaporizhia NPP with the territory controlled by Ukraine was damaged, and the plant lost the opportunity to receive electricity for its own needs from the grid and switched to generators.
“Our repairmen have restored these lines more than 10 times already. The Russians damaged one of the lines back in early March, and every day they shelled the territory, preventing our brigades from carrying out repairs,” Ukrenergo said, describing the situation.
At the same time, the company said that the current situation with the ZNPP will not affect the stability of the power system, since it has not produced electricity since September.
As reported with reference to National Nuclear Generating Company Energoatom, the last line of power supply to the occupied Zaporizhia NPP was disconnected after Russian missile attacks at 3:53 on March 9.