- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Ukrainians file over 325,000 reports of destruction or damage to housing via Diia – Shmyhal
KYIV. Feb 17 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal says that Ukrainians have already submitted more than 325,000 reports of destruction or damage to housing through Diia.
“Restoration of Ukrainian housing is a priority for rapid recovery. Funds from confiscated Russian assets should be directed to this,” Shmyhal wrote after a meeting with the Ministry of Infrastructure, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Digital Transformation, and the Agency for Restoration and Infrastructure Projects.
According to him, the government is actively preparing to launch restoration projects in the housing sector.
“Currently, Ukrainians have filed more than 325,000 reports about the destruction or damage to housing through Diia. We analyzed them by regions, discussed the mechanism of the register, where damage as a result of the war is recorded, identified three areas of compensation: current repairs, major repairs and full restoration of destroyed housing,” the prime minister said.
In addition, Shmyhal counts on the speedy adoption by the Verkhovna Rada of draft law No. 7198 on compensation for damage and destruction of certain categories of real estate as a result of Russian terrorist actions.