- U.S. considering alternative long-range missiles for Ukraine instead of ATACMS – Milley 01.04.2023
- Issue of market orientation of energy tariffs likely to be discussed at post-war stage of EFF program – IMF 01.04.2023
- Downside scenario of IMF program for Ukraine assumes end of war in late 2025, rise in aid to $240 bln 01.04.2023
- All those responsible for planning and committing crime of aggression against Ukraine must not go unpunished – Bucha Declaration 01.04.2023
- IMF's EFF program assumes acceleration of Ukraine's GDP growth in 2024 to 3.2%, in 2025 to 6.5% 01.04.2023
Ukrainian Startup Fund to now also work for security, defense of country – Shmyhal
KYIV. March 10 (Interfax-Ukraine) – One of the key activities of the Innovation Development Fund will be to support products, projects and services aimed at strengthening our army and the security of citizens, Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal has said.
“The Innovation Development Fund, or, as it is also called, the Ukrainian Startup Fund, will now work both for the security and defense of the country. In the context of Russian aggression, one of the key activities of the Innovation Development Fund will be to support products, projects and services aimed at strengthening our army and the security of all citizens,” Shmyhal wrote on his Telegram channel following a government meeting on Friday.
According to him, grant funding and support will now be available to developers of drones and other technologies needed to strengthen the country.
“The development of an ecosystem of start-ups in the field of defense and security is also one of the priority tasks in the framework of the government’s economic policy. Both now and after the end of the war,” the prime minister stressed.