- Borrell: ICC arrest warrant puts Putin in completely different position with respect to intl community 21.03.2023
- Volunteer from New Zealand killed in battles with invaders in Ukraine – media 21.03.2023
- Japanese PM to visit Ukraine, Poland on March 21-22 – MFA 21.03.2023
- Yermak, US presidential national security adviser discuss situation at frontline 21.03.2023
- War in Ukraine kills at least 8,317 civilians, 13,892 wounded – UN 21.03.2023
Ukrainian Prosecutor General: ICC arrest warrant for Putin as suspect in illegal deportation of Ukrainian children is just beginning
KYIV. March 17 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The issuance by the International Criminal Court (ICC) of an arrest warrant for Russian President Vladimir Putin as a suspect in the illegal deportation and transfer of children is only the beginning of the work of the Ukrainian Prosecutor General’s Office (PGO) with the ICC, Prosecutor General of Ukraine Andriy Kostin has said.
“Our cooperation with the ICC continues on numerous other proceedings, so I want to emphasize once again that this [suspicion of Putin for the illegal deportation and displacement of Ukrainian children and the issuance of an arrest warrant by the ICC] is just the beginning,” Kostin said on the air of the national telethon on Friday evening.