- Biden says he plans to discuss with Zelensky issue of arms supplies 31.01.2023
- One child, one man killed, five more civilians wounded amid enemy shelling of Bakhmut on Tues – prosecutor's office 31.01.2023
- Meeting of European Commission with Ukrainian govt to be catalyst for further initiatives for years to come – high-ranking EC official 31.01.2023
- U.S. may announce new military assistance package to Ukraine soon – White House 31.01.2023
- Ukraine fully fulfils its intl obligations, incl Ottawa Convention, has already destroyed 3 mln anti–personnel mines – MFA 31.01.2023
Ukrainian PM expects first 'financial Ramstein' Secretariat meeting to be held this week
KYIV. Jan 24 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal expects that the first meeting of the Secretariat of the multi-agency Donor Coordination Platform will be held this week.
"It’s important that financial assistance projects are clearly coordinated. Therefore, the G7 states have created a multi-donor Donor Coordination Platform, the so-called "financial Ramstein," Shmyhal said at a government meeting on Tuesday.
According to him, the initiative will operate in three main areas: short- and long-term support to Ukraine, international financing and coordination of reforms and development of the private sector.
"We expect that the first meeting of the Secretariat of the Platform will take place this week. The countries of the EU and the G7, the IMF, EIB, EBRD, OECD and other international financial institutions will cooperate as part of the "financial Ramstein," the prime minister added.
According to Shmyhal, both "energy" and "financial Ramstein" are related to ensuring additional stability of the state and fulfilling two main tasks the government faces.
In particular, the full financing of all critical expenses, especially in relation to recovery projects, as well as the successful passage of the heating season and maintaining the integrity of the energy system.