- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Ukrainian Paralympians win nine medals, incl three gold medals – National Olympic Committee
KYIV. Sept 2 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukrainian athletes have won three gold, four silver and two bronze medals during the ninth day of competition at the Paralympics in Tokyo, the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine reported on Facebook.
Maria Pomazan (athletics, shot put, class F35), Vladyslav Zahrebelny (athletics, long jump, class T37) and Maksym Kripak (swimming, 100 meters backstroke, class S10) brought gold to the collection of the Ukrainian team.
Silver was won by Yelyzaveta Mereshko (swimming, 400 meters freestyle, class S6), Viktor Didukh and Maksym Nikolenko (table tennis, team, class 8), Anton Kol (swimming, 50 meters backstroke, class S1) and Oksana Boturchuk (athletics , 100 meters, class T12).
Bronze in their disciplines were won by Denys Ostapchenko (swimming, 50 meters freestyle, class S3) and Oleksiy Denysiuk (bullet shooting, mixed, small-bore rapid-fire pistol 25 m, class – SH1).
In the overall team standings, the Ukrainian team is on the 5th line, having won 84 medals, including 20 gold, 39 silver and 25 bronze medals.