- Ukrainian FM, President of European Parliament coordinate steps to create Special Tribunal in crime of aggression case 21.03.2023
- Zelenskyy, Kishida sign declaration on special partnership between Ukraine and Japan in Kyiv 21.03.2023
- Ukrzaliznytsia allows over 30 private companies to develop border transshipment complexes – Kamyshin 21.03.2023
- Rada adopts at first reading bill on phased introduction of Unified Judicial Information and Telecommunication System 21.03.2023
- National Bank of Ukraine's official rates as of 22/03/23 21.03.2023
Ukrainian defenders send enemy tank which shelled Korabelna Square in Kherson from left bank on Thurs to follow Russian warship – local authorities
KYIV. March 9 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Russian occupation forces probably shelled Korabelna Square in Kherson on Thursday morning using a tank on the left bank of the Dnipro River, as a result of which three civilians were killed, Spokesperson for Kherson Regional Military Administration Oleksandr Tolokonnikov has said.
He also told Interfax-Ukraine that later the tank was destroyed by the Ukrainian defense forces.
“At around 10:00, Korabelna Square was shelled. Most likely, a tank mounted the shelling attack from the left bank. We have received information from the Pivden (South) Operation Command that the tank followed the Russian warship and was destroyed. However, it took the lives of three people: those were a man and a woman at the bus stop and a woman, who regrettably was burned in a shop near the bus stop,” Tolokonnikov said.
Later, when representatives of the regional authorities were at the scene, the occupiers again shelled the district and hit a residential building, he said.
“A man, 35, was killed and a man, 38, was wounded there. He was hospitalized in serious condition,” the spokesperson said.