- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Ukrainian banks to carry out operations in temporarily occupied territories until last opportunity
KYIV. May 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukrainian banks will carry out operations in the temporarily occupied territories until the last opportunity, and even if such an opportunity is nevertheless lost, they will promptly return as soon as the situation allows again, Viktoria Strakhova, adviser to the head of the President’s Office, member of the Supervisory Board of the state-owned Ukeximbank, has said.
"We are not abandoning our own people – until the last opportunity, Ukrainian banks will carry out operations in the temporarily occupied territories, and even if this opportunity is temporarily lost, we will promptly return," she wrote on Facebook on Friday.
Ensuring banks work before the onset of circumstances that make it impossible is prescribed in National Bank of Ukraine (NBU) resolution No. 94 dated May 5, which was published on the website of the central bank and entered into force.