- NATO countries respond to Ukraine's call to contain Russia – Kuleba 01.12.2021
- Judicial reform to be completed this time – Zelensky 01.12.2021
- Russian-occupation forces violate ceasefire near Avdiyivka, Maryinka, civilian wounded – JFO HQ 01.12.2021
- Nuland: NATO allies to respond to Russia with high level of impact, economic measures in case of expansion of aggression against Ukraine 01.12.2021
- Govt raises defense spending by UAH 3.7 bln in revised draft state budget for 2022 01.12.2021
Ukrainian airlines on equal footing with Ukrzaliznytsia ready to compete for opportunity to pay for tickets from payments to vaccinated citizens
KYIV. Nov 23 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine is negotiating with Ukrainian airlines to participate in the program for the implementation of payments of UAH 1,000 to vaccinated citizens.
"We, of course, support this idea, and we understand that most likely the recipient of these funds will ultimately be Ukrzaliznytsia. At the same time, we are in dialogue with Ukrainian airlines, which have previously expressed their readiness to adapt the price and compete for passengers. Now, four Ukrainian air carriers are preliminarily ready for the implementation of this initiative," Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine Oleksandr Kubrakov said in an interview with Interfax-Ukraine.
He also said that infrastructure enterprises such as Ukrzaliznytsia and Boryspil International Airport are taking part in the working group together with the Ministry of Digital Transformation and other participants.
"At the end of the year, we always have a certain increase in the use of passenger transport. But now, when restrictive measures have been applied in connection with the intensification of the COVID-19 pandemic, we feel a certain outflow of passengers, respectively, we receive less profit. Therefore, we, of course, as a victim industry in this part, very much hope that it will help us," he said.
According to Kubrakov, the idea of using infrastructure companies in the program is precisely so that vaccinated Ukrainians can pay for trips around Ukraine to develop domestic tourism.