- Uzbekistan, Afghanistan could discuss power line, railroad construction projects 16.10.2021
- Zelensky instructs to consider issue of increasing prison term for smugglers to 20 years – Danilov 16.10.2021
- Russia records all-time high of COVID-19 cases, deaths, 33,308 and 1,002 – coronavirus response HQ 16.10.2021
- Ukraine's defense plan approves by NSDC is classified, it to be implemented in case of war – Danilov 16.10.2021
- Intl Court of Justice appoints second round of written submissions in Ukraine against Russia case – MFA statement 16.10.2021
Ukraine's MFA raises issue of Poklonskaya's criminal activities with Cape Verde govt – Nikolenko
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of Ukraine has already raised before the government of Cape Verde the issue of the criminal activities of the former prosecutor of Crimea and former deputy of the State Duma Natalia Poklonskaya, who was appointed as Russian ambassador to Cape Verde, Ukrainian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Oleh Nikolenko has said.
"It will not be possible to hide even in Africa. The Ukrainian Foreign Ministry has already put before the government of Cape Verde the issue of the criminal activities of citizen Poklonskaya," Nikolenko told Interfax-Ukraine on Wednesday.
The spokesperson said that Poklonskaya is under sanctions from Ukraine, the EU, the United States, Canada and Japan.
"Due to the appointment of Natalia Poklonskaya as Russia’s ambassador to Cape Verde, we remind that the former prosecutor of the Russian occupation administration in Crimea is wanted for treason against our state. She is under sanctions from Ukraine, the EU, the United States, Canada and Japan," he said.