- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Ukraine's Interior Ministry to strengthen cooperation with Turkish partners in law enforcement – Monastyrsky
KYIV. Sept 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine considers it a strategic priority to strengthen interaction between Ukraine and Turkey within the international law enforcement cooperation, Ukrainian Interior Minister Denys Monastyrsky said.
According to the ministry’s press service on Friday, Monastyrsky met with Ambassador of the Republic of Turkey Yağmur Ahmet Güldere.
During the meeting, a number of issues were discussed for the further development of Ukrainian-Turkish cooperation in the spheres of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, including the multilateral format within the Black Sea Border Cooperation Forum.
"The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine considers it a strategic priority to strengthen interaction between Ukraine and Turkey within the international law enforcement cooperation, in particular in the areas of combating human trafficking, combating drug trafficking, information protection and cybersecurity," Monastyrsky said.
In the context of updating and expanding the legal framework between the countries, the parties discussed the need to finalize the draft protocol on amending the agreement between the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine and the Turkish government on cooperation between law enforcement agencies dated December 4, 2009.
The minister also stressed the importance of completing the implementation of the internal public procedures by the Turkish side for the entry into force of the agreement between the governments of Ukraine and the Republic of Turkey on the mutual recognition and exchange of national driving licenses.
In turn, the head of the Turkish diplomatic mission thanked Ukraine for its assistance in containing massive forest wildfires in Turkey in the summer.
Monastyrsky said the Interior Ministry has decided to send two of the four firefighting aircraft currently operated by the State Emergency Service to Turkey. According to the minister, the plans for the next year to significantly increase the fleet of domestic firefighting aviation.