- One should not look for soft synonyms for war crimes – Podoliak 27.03.2023
- Zelenskyy: Dozens of apartments in two houses in Zaporizhia, affected by Russia’s rocket attack on March 22, not suitable for living 27.03.2023
- Stefanchuk: We start discussion with UK Parliament on recognizing Holodomor as genocide of Ukrainian people 27.03.2023
- Defense forces attack 10 places of concentration of invaders in past 24 hours – AFU General Staff 27.03.2023
- Stefanchuk: It's time for UK to become leader of ‘air coalition’ 27.03.2023
Ukraine's integration into EU should be successful for our common security – French Secretary of State for European Affairs
KYIV. March 11 (Interfax-Ukraine) – French Secretary of State for European Affairs Laurence Boone said Ukraine’s integration into the European Union should be successful as long as common security depends on this.
“Today, the integration of Ukraine into the EU should be a success, this is for our common security. There has never been such an agenda in the process of integration. The Ukrainian government is making great efforts to implement the recommendations under the accession process,” she said at the Ukraine-France forum on Friday.
Boone also noted Ukraine’s huge work on the elimination of corruption.
She underlined that there is no European model without democracy, which “makes us different from some of our neighbors.”
Security, economy, trade, and a sense of belonging should be the main components of Ukraine’s integration into the EU, the Secretary of State said.
“We should have worked on this faster before, however, we still can do this today,” she said.