- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Ukraine’s Dpty Defense Minister in Poland gets acquainted with training of Ukrainian military, tests Leopard 2 tank
KYIV. March 30 (Interfax-Ukraine) – First Deputy Minister of Defense of Ukraine Lieutenant General Oleksandr PavlIuk got acquainted with the training and drills of Ukrainian servicemen in the Republic of Poland.
According to the press service of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, Pavliuk noted the extraordinary motivation of Ukrainian defenders to master the latest weapons of NATO samples at military training grounds, where intensive training of Ukrainian tankers and infantrymen is underway. He also personally tested the power of a modern German-made Leopard 2 tank.
“This tank is really inspiring. Our warriors, who receive knowledge and skills to manage it, say so. Leopard is a formidable weapon that, in the hands of our trained defenders, will bring Ukraine’s victory over the occupier closer,” the deputy minister said.
Pavliuk and representatives of the Ukrainian delegation visited training places, theory and practice training classes, examined samples of NATO weapons, talked with Ukrainian soldiers and foreign instructors.
The First Deputy Minister of Defense presented awards to the heads of training courses and thanked them for their work.