- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Ukraine withdraws from agreement on coordinated policy in standardization, metrology and certification within CIS
KYIV. May 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Cabinet of Ministers has carried out Ukraine’s withdrawal from the agreement on carrying out coordinated policy in the field of standardization, metrology and certification.
As representative of the Cabinet of Ministers in the Verkhovna Rada Taras Melnychuk has said on the Telegram channel, the corresponding decision has been made at a government meeting on Tuesday.
This agreement was signed in Moscow in 1992.
It is noted that the withdrawal from the agreement will contribute to the actualization of Ukraine’s participation in the legal framework within the CIS, taking into account the current state of relations.
In addition, the government has approved the draft laws on withdrawal from the agreement on the support and development of small business in the CIS member states and on withdrawal of Ukraine from the convention on transnational corporations.
It is noted that both international documents do not meet the current state of trade and economic relations between the CIS member states, as well as the current European integration policy of Ukraine.