- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Ukraine with U.S. support wants to create production of tractors, engines, graphite for batteries at Pivdenmash – MP
KYIV. Sept 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine invites the United States to participate in the creation of the production of tractors of the UMZ brand with a capacity of 80-100 hp on the basis of the state-owned enterprise Pivdenny Machine-Building Plant named after Makarov (Pivdenmash or Yuzhmash, Dnipro), as well as the production of YuMZ engines for agricultural machinery on the basis of the same enterprise, MP of Ukraine Oleksiy Honcharenko said in his Telegram channel.
According to his report, these projects are included in the list of projects within the framework of the Transformation Plan of Ukraine presented by President Volodymyr Zelensky during his visit to the United States.
A government source confirmed to Interfax-Ukraine that the list had been prepared on the eve of the visit. However, according to the source, some changes could have been made to it directly in the United States.
Both projects with budgets of $100 million each that could be implemented in 2022-2025 involve direct investment from the United States.
Another project presented by the President of Ukraine – organization of production of spheroidal graphite for use in the manufacture of storage batteries (budget of $80 million) on the basis of the YuMZ Production Association – is designed to be implemented within four years.
Among the presented investment projects is also the creation of a full production cycle of titanium products with high added value in Ukraine: from the exploration, extraction and processing of raw materials to the release of final products. The project, worth $ 350-380 million, is designed for three years of implementation (2022-2024).
Another project concerns the provision of industrial parks in Ukraine with the appropriate infrastructure: electricity, gas and heat supply, water supply and sanitation, high-speed Internet. The project budget is $500 million. The implementation period is two and a half years (2022-2024). The United States could provide loans for the project.