- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Ukraine, U.S. view Nord Stream 2 as threat to European energy security – joint statement
KYIV. Sept 2 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine and the United States view Nord Stream 2 as a threat to European energy security, according to a joint statement on the U.S.-Ukraine Strategic Partnership published on Wednesday.
"The United States and Ukraine continue to oppose Nord Stream 2, which we view as a threat to European energy security," the document said.
The United States intends to continue using measures envisaged in legislation and energy diplomacy, including through the recent appointment of a senior advisor for energy security, to maintain Ukraine’s transit role and security of supply during this period of energy transition and to prevent the Kremlin’s use of energy as a geopolitical weapon.
The U.S. and Ukrainian governments support efforts to increase capacity for gas supplies to Ukraine from diversified sources.