- Ukraine recovery should be based on development of territorial communities, innovations, involvement of professional domestic community – results of ESUR forum 29.06.2023
- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
Ukraine to do all necessary to evacuate remaining Ukrainian citizens in Afghanistan – Yermak
KYIV. Sept 3 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine will do everything necessary to evacuate Ukrainian citizens who still remain in Afghanistan and seek to leave it, Head of the President’s Office of Ukraine Andriy Yermak said.
Yermak told Interfax-Ukraine that at the end of August all Ukrainians were evacuated from Kabul, who at that time had contacted the request for evacuation.
"Today, new lists of Ukrainian citizens who were able to get in touch later are being formed. Work continues on preparing their evacuation. Now it may be even more difficult than a week ago, but Ukraine will do everything necessary," Yermak said.
He said that "Ukraine will take care of all its citizens who still remain in Afghanistan and seek to leave it."
"Airplanes are being prepared for additional flights. The President of Ukraine keeps this issue under constant control, because the safety of Ukrainian citizens is an absolute priority for him," Yermak said.