- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
- Two Russian servicemen who fired Grad at Kozacha Lopan to appear before court – prosecutor's office 07.05.2022
Ukraine sows almost half of planned areas with agricultural crops – ministry
KYIV. May 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – During the sowing season 2022, Ukraine sowed 7.1 million hectares of land with the main agricultural crops, which is 49.3% of the 14.4 million hectares planned for the current season, including during the week (April 28 through May 5) the company planted 2.71 million hectares, the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food announced on Friday.
According to the data published on its website, as of May 5, the area under sunflower crops is 2.4 million hectares (1.03 million hectares more in a week), corn – 1.98 million hectares (sowing started this week), spring barley – 853,800 hectares (sowing completed), spring wheat – 186,100 hectares (+10.3 thousand hectares), oats – 153,500 hectares (9,500 hectares more), peas – 116,300 hectares (3,300 hectares).
In addition, the sown area under potatoes is 850,800 hectares (202,800 hectares more), soybeans – 335,500 hectares (208,300 thousand hectares more), sugar beet – 175,400 hectares (8,000 hectares more), spring rapeseed – 26,200 hectares (5,200 hectares more), millet – 18,200 hectares (7,400 hectares more), buckwheat – 5,000 hectares (2,400 hectares more).
According to the Ministry of Agrarian Policy, sowing of early spring crops (wheat, barley and oats) was completed in 12 regions: Vinnytsia, Volyn, Zhytomyr, Zakarpattia, Ivano-Frankivsk, Kirovohrad, Lviv, Odesa, Poltava, Rivne, Ternopil and Khmelnytsky regions.
In addition, in 2021, winter crops were sown for the 2022 harvest on a total area of 7.7 million hectares, including 6.5 million hectares of winter wheat, 1 million hectares of barley and 0.16 million hectares of rye.
Currently, agricultural enterprises have completed the first feeding of winter crops with nitrogen mineral fertilizers.