- Venediktova on investigation into An-26 plane crash near Chuhuiv: Case is about to be submitted to court 25.09.2021
- Russian ships complete exercise in Black Sea, returning to their home bases 25.09.2021
- Five people die in road accident in Hungary, incl. two Ukrainians – media 25.09.2021
- Razumkov admits deliberate violation of Rada rules during adoption of law on de-oligarchisation 25.09.2021
- Kharkiv city election committee registers six candidates for position of mayor 25.09.2021
Ukraine should have dual citizenship, it is normal in civilized countries – Shmyhal
KYIV. Sept 14 (Interfax-Ukraine) –Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal supports the introduction of dual citizenship.
"Dual citizenship is a sign of civilized countries. In many civilized countries it is a common norm […] Dual citizenship should be introduced. It will strengthen us," Shmyhal told a press conference in Kyiv on Tuesday.
According to him, many ethnic Ukrainians live abroad, and many of them would like to have Ukrainian citizenship.
At the same time, the Prime Minister said that he was categorically against the dual citizenship of the aggressor country.