- Ukrainian volunteers face problem of bringing humanitarian aid into country – experts 22.05.2022
- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
Ukraine should be given EU candidate status as quickly as possible – Morawiecki
WARSAW/BRUSSELS. May 5 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki believes that the European Union should grant Ukraine candidate status as soon as possible.
"Ukraine should be given as quickly as possible a candidate status for the European Union. I know how important it is for Ukrainian people to maintain their fighting spirit, their morale. It is extremely important. We must act with the perspective of a long distance," he said Thursday in Warsaw after an International Donor’s Conference that raised $6.5 billion for Ukraine.
Morawiecki said "today we are faced with the question of what can we do for Ukrainians to survive, how can we help Ukraine to stand on its own feet."
"Special obligations rest with those countries that have built energy dependence on Russia for years and sold weapons to it. I will not mention any particular member states. I know that the situation of countries differs from one to another, but unity is extremely important today," the Polish prime minister said, referring to the sixth package of sanctions with a ban on Russian oil, which was recently introduced by the European Commission.
"The another package of sanctions this is what we have to do to decisively reply to all the atrocities of the war, to contribute to stop this war as quickly as possible. Today Ukraine is a pillar of our world," he said.