- Uzbekistan, Afghanistan could discuss power line, railroad construction projects 16.10.2021
- Zelensky instructs to consider issue of increasing prison term for smugglers to 20 years – Danilov 16.10.2021
- Russia records all-time high of COVID-19 cases, deaths, 33,308 and 1,002 – coronavirus response HQ 16.10.2021
- Ukraine's defense plan approves by NSDC is classified, it to be implemented in case of war – Danilov 16.10.2021
- Intl Court of Justice appoints second round of written submissions in Ukraine against Russia case – MFA statement 16.10.2021
Ukraine seeks to enhance activation of Ukrainian-Estonian cooperation in cybersecurity, digital economy – PM
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal says that Ukraine is striving to enhance the activation of Ukrainian-Estonian cooperation in the direction of using transit, logistics and industrial-production potential, cooperation in cybersecurity and digital economy.
"Digitalization and e-governance is a priority of our cooperation. Estonia’s achievements in this sector are recognized in the world and are a benchmark for Ukraine. I would like to sincerely thank the Estonian side for their help in implementing the State in Smartphone project," the government’s press service said, citing Shmyhal, following the meeting with Estonian Prime Minister Kaya Kallas in Malmö on Wednesday.
In this context, Shmyhal thanked the Estonian minister for the strong support in Ukraine’s obtaining membership in the NATO Cooperative Cyber Defence Centre of Excellence (CCDCOE), which is based in Tallinn.
Shmyhal also said that Ukraine and Estonia intend to deepen cooperation in the energy sector.
"The development of renewable energy sources, as well as the strengthening of energy security are today key issues on the agenda of the Ukrainian government. We have completed the entire technical part for connecting the Ukrainian energy system to ENTSO-E. This will be an important step towards Ukraine’s energy independence," the prime minister said.