- Ukraine repatriates five more seriously wounded Russian POWs 10.04.2023
- Rada intends to include history of Ukraine, foreign language in final certification for general secondary education 10.04.2023
- Rada terminates protocol on joint anti-terrorist measures in CIS territories for Ukraine 10.04.2023
- 100 Ukrainians, incl defenders of Mariupol, returned according to swap procedure – Yermak 10.04.2023
- Wagner fighters exhausted by Ukrainian forces: Enemy forced to involve special forces, amphibious assault units in battles for Bakhmut – Syrsky 10.04.2023
Ukraine ready to take back deported Ukrainian orphans on Russia's border with any EU country – Vereschuk
KYIV. March 30 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Deputy Prime Minister of Ukraine Iryna Vereschuk, who is also the Minister of Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories, has said that Ukraine is ready to take back deported Ukrainian orphans on the border of Russia with any member state of the European Union.
“The process of returning [children to Ukraine] is conducted point-by-point. Sometimes all necessary procedures and trips take many months. We have managed to return 327 children from the territory of Russia through this procedure. If the babies have parents, they do this. While the orphans and children deprived of parental care have the state,” the ministry quoted Vereschuk as saying.
She also said that Ukraine is ready to take back all of its orphans.
“I propose the following procedure for this. With the mediation of international organizations – the UN, ICRC, or any other [organization] – we are ready to come to any European country to the border with Russia. For example, to Estonia, Narva. And take back all Ukrainian orphans who have been illegally kept in Russia,” the minister said.