- Venediktova on investigation into An-26 plane crash near Chuhuiv: Case is about to be submitted to court 25.09.2021
- Russian ships complete exercise in Black Sea, returning to their home bases 25.09.2021
- Five people die in road accident in Hungary, incl. two Ukrainians – media 25.09.2021
- Razumkov admits deliberate violation of Rada rules during adoption of law on de-oligarchisation 25.09.2021
- Kharkiv city election committee registers six candidates for position of mayor 25.09.2021
Ukraine produces 34,000 tonnes of sugar by Sept 14 – Ukrtsukor
KYIV. Sept 14 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Sugar production in Ukraine as of September 14 amounted to 34,000 tonnes, in total, 303,100 tonnes of sugar beet were processed.
According to a report on the website of the Ukrtsukor National Association of Sugar Producers, over the past week the sugar-making season began at Khorostkiv sugar plant (Ternopil region, part of Radekhiv Tsukor LLC) and Kryzhopil sugar plant (Vinnytsia region, Ukrprominvest-Agro).
As of September 14, the website of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food does not have data on the collection of sugar beets by Ukrainian farmers.
As reported, the current season of sugar beet processing started in the country on August 21.
Astarta, the largest sugar producer in Ukraine, has completely processed raw cane sugar imported from the beginning of May at Yaresky sugar plant (Yaresky village, Poltava region); in total, 73,400 tonnes of sugar were produced from it.
The Ministry of Economy expects sugar production in Ukraine in the 2021/2022 marketing year (MY, September-August) at 1.4 million tonnes, which is 30% more than in the last MY. The total supply of this product in the current season will amount to 1.74 million tonnes due to the growth of its production during this period and its significant residues (420,000 tonnes), which are transferred from the last MY, which will be sufficient to meet the domestic demand, which is approximately 1.25 million tonnes.