- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2021 26.10.2021
- Ukraine invited for first time to Conference of National Armaments Directors at NATO headquarters – Defense Ministry 25.10.2021
- Moldovan Socialists' delegation fails to agree with Moscow on gas supplies at below market prices – source 25.10.2021
- Fight against illegal filling stations can be temporarily entrusted to law enforcement agencies 25.10.2021
- Energy Ministry notes stability of Ukraine's power system, despite low coal reserves 25.10.2021
Ukraine pays UAH 565 mln to Olympic, Paralympic winners – Finance ministry
KYIV. Oct 14 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Ministry of Finance reported on the payment of UAH 565.3 million as a reward to the Ukrainian prize-winners of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, another UAH 6.4 million is provided for awards to 25 Olympians, who took fourth or sixth places at the games, and their coaches.
"Expenditures for rewarding the achievements of the Olympians and Paralympians of the Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games were fully funded and amount to UAH 565.3 million," the ministry said on its website.
Cash awards for gold medals are $125,000, for silver medals $80,000 and for bronze medals $55,000. Also, UAH 200,000, UAH 140,000 and UAH 100,000 will be paid to the athletes who took the fourth, fifth and sixth places, respectively, as well as their coaches.
"UAH 6.4 million will be allocated from the state budget for this," the ministry added.