- Official exchange rates for CIS as of October 21 21.10.2021
- Economy Ministry agrees on plan for restructuring debt of State Food and Grain Corporation to Chinese partners 21.10.2021
- Saakashvili facing at least 6 years in prison – Georgian PM Garibashvili 21.10.2021
- National Bank of Ukraine's official rates as of 22/10/21 21.10.2021
- Currency cross-rates at 17:01 Kyiv time on 21/10/21 21.10.2021
Ukraine pays attention only to Putin's position – Yermak's advisor on Medvedev's article
KYIV. Oct 12 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine pays attention only to the position of Russian President Vladimir Putin, which sounds in his entourage is a secondary issue, Adviser to the President’s Office head of Ukraine Mykhailo Podoliak said.
"The Ukrainian side pays attention only to the position of the current president of Russia. What sounds in his entourage is a secondary question, at least. The main question is what position does Putin himself take. Russia was confirmed," Podoliak told Interfax-Ukraine.
He also said the article by Putin’s ally "about the pointlessness of negotiating with Ukraine due to lack of independence" is considered inappropriate and blackmail in the President’s Office.
According to him, if Russia wants to discuss the identity of Ukraine, then it is necessary to proceed from the following: course of the history of the CPSU. The identity of Ukrainians and Ukraine as a country is exactly different from what was composed about this in the framework of the constructed history of the USSR or a short course on the history of the CPSU. The values of Ukraine differ from what was stated about them in the past. This fact must be accepted and respected," Podoliak said.
He also said that "Medvedev dropped out of the political agenda in Russia" and was not invited to organize negotiations between Ukraine and Russia.