- President, First Lady honor memory of Holodomor victims in Ukraine – press service 29.11.2021
- Emergency Service informs about completion of rescue operations in Mykolaiv region 29.11.2021
- Given current level of vaccination in Ukraine, it is premature to talk about advisability of booster dose – Liashko 29.11.2021
- Ukraine sees further decline in daily COVID-19 morbidity 29.11.2021
- Interfax-Ukraine to host roundtable talk "Avalanche-like collapse of level of support for mono-power. Does it have a way out? And Ukraine?" 29.11.2021
Ukraine invited for first time to Conference of National Armaments Directors at NATO headquarters – Defense Ministry
KYIV. Oct 25 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine has been invited for the first time to the expanded format of the Conference of National Armaments Directors at NATO headquarters in Brussels, the meeting will take place on Tuesday, October 26, Deputy Defense Minister of Ukraine Oleksandr Nosov said.
"Tomorrow, October 26, in Brussels, chaired by NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, a meeting of the NATO Special Advisory and Consultative Arms Control, Disarmament and Non-Proliferation Committee, the Conference of National Armaments Directors will take place. For the first time in more than half a century of the Committee’s activity, a representative of Ukraine has been invited to the prerogative of exclusively NATO member states," the Defense Ministry press service said, citing Nosov.
Deputy Defense Minister Nosov will represent Ukraine during the Conference at NATO Headquarters.
In addition, the Deputy Minister said the Conference of National Armaments Directors of the Alliance will be held immediately after the NATO defense ministers approved a new plan for the defense of the alliance during conflicts and crises last week.
Bilateral meetings of Nosov with the National Armament Directors of NATO member states are also planned in Brussels.
The Conference of National Armaments Directors (CNAD) has been the Alliance’s highest advisory committee on armaments since 1996. It coordinates the implementation of NATO’s policy on the development of weapons and military equipment.