- France recognizes Holodomor of 1932-1933 as genocide of Ukrainian people 29.03.2023
- AFU destroy 610 invaders, seven tanks, MLRS, six artillery systems, aircraft in day – General Staff 29.03.2023
- Biden concerned about prospect of deploying Russian nuclear weapons in Belarus – media 29.03.2023
- Ukrainian navigator of 831st tactical aviation brigade Kyryliuk killed during combat mission 29.03.2023
- Emergency blackouts due to bad weather introduced in Kyiv – military administration 29.03.2023
Ukraine insists that grain agreement be termless, automatically extended for 120 days – Shmyhal
KYIV. March 17 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine insists that the grain agreement be termless and automatically extended for 120 days, Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal has said.
“Along with partners, we are making efforts to continue the grain initiative. Since the initiative started, we have managed to export over 24 million tonnes of food,” Shmyhal said at the Friday government session.
According to the prime minister, with the unblocking of the Black Sea routes, Ukraine can export twice as much.
“Ukraine is one of the key links in world food security. Therefore, we insist that the grain agreement be termless and automatically extended for 120 days. Turkey and the UN adhere to the same position. The aggressor’s attempts to shorten the extension period is a manipulation for the sake of further blackmail and escalation of the global food crisis. Shouldn’t let this happen,” he said.