- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2021 26.10.2021
- Ukraine invited for first time to Conference of National Armaments Directors at NATO headquarters – Defense Ministry 25.10.2021
- Moldovan Socialists' delegation fails to agree with Moscow on gas supplies at below market prices – source 25.10.2021
- Fight against illegal filling stations can be temporarily entrusted to law enforcement agencies 25.10.2021
- Energy Ministry notes stability of Ukraine's power system, despite low coal reserves 25.10.2021
Ukraine increases scrap metal exports by 18 times in kind, by 27 times in money terms in Jan-Sept
KYIV. Oct 12 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukrainian enterprises in January-September this year increased exports of ferrous metal scrap by 18.1 times compared to the same period last year, to 455,398 tonnes, including 44,966 tonnes of scrap exported in September.
According to statistics released by the State Customs Service, in monetary terms, exports of scrap metal increased 27.3 times, to $175.584 million.
At the same time, in January-September of this year, the country increased imports of scrap metal in quantity terms by 26.7%, to 17,197 tonnes. In monetary terms, imports of scrap increased 2.05 times, to $31.807 million.
In January-September of this year, scrap metal was mainly imported from Turkey (59.33% of supplies in monetary terms), the Russian Federation (34.54%) and Poland (1.67%); and exported – to Turkey (87.25%), Romania (5.72%) and Poland (4.27%).
In addition, Ukrainian metal companies in January-September 2021 imported 1,603 tonnes of ferrous products obtained by direct reduction of iron ore (HS code 7203) – hot briquetted iron (HBI), which is a substitute for pig iron and scrap metal. HBI for $653,000 was imported from Russia. In January-September 2020, 1,602 tonnes for $481,000 were imported.