- No feed-in tariffs in new bill on energy storage systems – head of Rada energy committee 18.09.2021
- Latvia includes Ukraine in list of countries that pose serious risk to public health – embassy 18.09.2021
- Monitoring system will include all info about oligarchs – Danilov 18.09.2021
- Rada taxation committee excludes norm on excise duty for RES from 'resource' bill No. 5600 – first deputy head 18.09.2021
- Russian occupation forces violate ceasefire in Donbas 7 times, two JFO fighters wounded over past day – HQ 18.09.2021
Ukraine increases FX earnings from ferrous metal exports by 73.1% in Jan-Aug
KYIV. Sept 15 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukrainian metallurgical enterprises in January-August this year increased earnings from exports of ferrous metals by 73.1% compared to the same period last year, to $8.918 billion from $5.150 billion.
According to updated statistics released by the State Customs Service on Wednesday, ferrous metals accounted for 21.34% of the total earnings from exports of goods during this period versus 16.7% in eight months of last year.
In August, earnings from ferrous metal exports amounted to $1.380 billion.
At the same time, Ukraine in January-August this year increased imports of similar products by 37.7%, to $ 898.099 million. In August, this figure was $188.364 million.
In addition, Ukraine in January-August 2021 increased exports of metal products by 29.2%, to $771.562 million. In August, they were exported for $96.220 million.