- Putin disagrees with Erdogan on UN SC reform: veto right cannot be scrapped 21.10.2021
- Zaporizhia Iron Ore Plant increases production of iron ore by 7.1% in Jan-Sept 21.10.2021
- Ukraine's military development by NATO already taking place, it's real threat for Russia – Putin 21.10.2021
- Congress of Servant of People party to be held in mid-November – Korniyenko 21.10.2021
- Stefanchuk: No one tells me which TV programs to attend 21.10.2021
Ukraine increases FX earnings from export of ferrous metals by almost 80% in Jan-Sept
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukrainian metallurgical enterprises in January-September of this year increased earnings from ferrous metal exports by 79.74% compared to the same period last year, to $10.318 billion from $5.741 billion.
According to updated statistics released by the State Customs Service on Tuesday, ferrous metals accounted for 21.33% of total earnings from export of goods during this period versus 16.39% over the first nine months of last year.
In September, earnings from export of ferrous metals amounted to $1.392 billion.
At the same time, in January-September of this year, Ukraine increased imports of similar products by 42.3%, to $1.080 billion. In September, this figure was $181.732 million.
In addition, Ukraine in January-September 2021 increased export of metal products by 32.5%, to $897.303 million. In September, they were exported for $125.9 million.
Over nine months of 2021, import of metal products increased by 25%, to $789.065 million. In September, they were imported for $97.032 million.