- Payments by TAS insurance group grows by one third in Jan-Aug 20.09.2021
- Ukrainian serviceman wounded amid eight ceasefire violations in Donbas in past 24 hours – JFO HQ 20.09.2021
- Rada taxation committee excludes norm on excise duty for RES from 'resource' bill No. 5600 – first deputy head 20.09.2021
- Ukrainian canoeists Luzan, Chetverikova win gold at World Rowing Championship 20.09.2021
- Business develops project to create national network of hydrogen filling stations in Ukraine – president of association 20.09.2021
Ukraine increases copper imports by more than half, exports by 3 times in Jan-Aug
KYIV. Sept 15 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukrainian enterprises in January-August this year increased imports of copper and copper products in monetary terms by 54.5% compared to the same period last year, to $109.075 million.
According to customs statistics released by the State Customs Service of Ukraine on Wednesday, exports of copper and copper products in January-August 2021 tripled compared to January-August 2020, to $143.385 million.
In August, copper and copper products were imported for $15.190 million, and exported – for $16.603 million.
In addition, Ukraine in January-August 2021 increased imports of nickel and nickel products by 63.3% compared to the same period in 2020, to $76.907 million (in August – $9.879 million), and aluminum and aluminum products – by 18.5%, to $294.863 million ($46.103 million). At the same time, it increased imports of lead and lead products by 42.1%, to $6.191 million ($732,000), tin and tin products – by 82.8%, to $2.598 million ($409,000), and also zinc and zinc products – by 89.5%, to $59.676 million ($8.531 million).
Exports of aluminum and aluminum products over eight months of 2021 increased by 56.5% compared to the same period in 2020, to $104.490 million (in August – $15.080 million), lead and lead products by 60%, to $24.353 million ($3.745 million), and nickel and nickel products – by 97.1%, to $3.292 million ($281,000).
Zinc exports in January-August 2021 amounted to $70,000 (in August – $17,000), while in January-August 2020 it amounted to $56,000. Export of tin and tin products in January-August 2021 amounted to $17,000 (in August – $2,000) versus $90,000 over eight months of 2020.