- No feed-in tariffs in new bill on energy storage systems – head of Rada energy committee 18.09.2021
- Latvia includes Ukraine in list of countries that pose serious risk to public health – embassy 18.09.2021
- Monitoring system will include all info about oligarchs – Danilov 18.09.2021
- Rada taxation committee excludes norm on excise duty for RES from 'resource' bill No. 5600 – first deputy head 18.09.2021
- Russian occupation forces violate ceasefire in Donbas 7 times, two JFO fighters wounded over past day – HQ 18.09.2021
Ukraine increases coke output by 1.6% over eight months, cuts production by 2% in Aug
KYIV. Sept 14 (Interfax-Ukraine) – In January-August of this year, Ukrainian coke and chemical plants increased production of metallurgical coke with 6% moisture content by 1.6% compared to the same period last year, to 6.560 million tonnes.
The Ukrkoks association of coke and chemical enterprises (Dnipro) told Interfax-Ukraine that 811,000 tonnes of coke were produced in August, while in the previous month – 826,000 tonnes.
The general director of Ukrkoks, Anatoliy Starovoit, told Interfax-Ukraine that the enterprises continue to work at the requests of metallurgical plants, satisfying them with coke in full, taking into account imports.
At the same time, he stated that coke and chemical plants in August reduced production, following the market trends.
"Metallurgists have reduced production of cast iron, respectively, our plants have reduced production. Avdiyivka [Avdiyivka coke plant] fell, other coke and chemical plants reduced production," the agency interlocutor said.
According to recent data, following the results of eight months, in particular, Avdiyivka coke plant reduced coke output by 7.4% compared to January-August 2020, to 1.826 million tonnes (218,000 tonnes were produced in August), Azovstal reduced coke output by 7.5%, to 837,000 tonnes (105,000 tonnes), Dniprovsky coke and chemical plant – by 3.3%, to 381,000 tonnes (46,000 tonnes), Dniprokoks increased its output by 16.7%, to 385,000 tonnes (46,000 tonnes), and Zaporizhkoks increased coke output by 0.8%, to 665,000 tonnes (84,000 tonnes). Kharkiv coke plant is idle. Coke production at ArcelorMittal Kryvyi Rih increased by 12.1%, to 1.976 million tonnes (260,000 tonnes), and Pivdenkoks (Yuzhkoks) increased production by 14%, to 490,000 tonnes (52,000 tonnes).