- Polio vaccination rate in Ukraine is 53%, international partners urge Ukrainian parents to vaccinate their children – NHSU 28.10.2021
- Ukraine records 26,071 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours 28.10.2021
- Hospitals in Odesa region provided with medical oxygen for patients with coronavirus – Ministry of Health 28.10.2021
- Moldova buys extra 1.5 mln cubic meters of gas on int'l market 28.10.2021
- Over past day, 15 attacks recorded in Donbas, Ukrainian serviceman killed – JFO HQ 28.10.2021
Ukraine extradites ex-military police chief to Georgia
TBILISI. Sept 20 (Interfax) – A former Georgian military police chief was extradited by Ukraine to Georgia where he is a subject of 15 criminal inquiries, nine of which led to his conviction in absentia.
Megis Kardava was arrested in Kyiv in November 2017 by Ukrainian law enforcers at the request of their Georgian counterparts. In 2018 his detention on remand was replaced with house arrest.
Georgian prosecutors have accused Kardava, who was head of national military police under President Mikheil Saakashvili, of prisoner abuse, organizing a prison riot which left several prisoners dead, torturing prisoners, and misuse of public funds.