- Ukrainian volunteers face problem of bringing humanitarian aid into country – experts 22.05.2022
- Another Russian ship destroyed off Snake Island coast – Defense Ministry 07.05.2022
- Zelensky indicates the need to eliminate queues at gas stations – meeting of President’s Office with Cabinet 07.05.2022
- Sumy region shelled by Russian aircraft, serviceman of Border Guard Service wounded – regional authorities 07.05.2022
- Air defense shoots down Russian missile over Poltava region – head of regional administration 07.05.2022
Ukraine exports 46 mln tonnes of grain since start of 2021/2022MY
KYIV. May 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Since the beginning of the 2021/2022 marketing year (MY, July-June) and as of May 5 Ukraine had exported 46 million tonnes of grain and leguminous crops, which is 17.9% or 7 million tonnes higher than on the same date of the previous MY.
According to the information and analytical portal of the agroindustrial complex of Ukraine, by May 5, some 18.53 million tonnes of wheat (22.5% more compared to the same date in 2020/2021MY), 21.33 million tonnes of corn (more by 11.4%), 5.68 million tonnes of barley (more by 37.8%) and 69,700 tonnes of flour (less by 34.4%) were exported.
Some 161,900 tonnes of rye were also delivered to foreign markets against only 1,700 tonnes a year earlier.
Thus, for the week of April 28-May 5, Ukraine exported about 300,000 tonnes of grain crops, including almost 270,000 tonnes of corn, 20,000 tonnes of wheat and 10,000 tonnes of barley. Such a decline is explained by the blockade by the troops of the aggressor country of the Russian Federation of Ukrainian seaports – its key export infrastructure.