- Nothing indicates possible change of Defense Minister soon – president's press secretary 16.10.2021
- Ukraine records 12,983 new COVID-19 cases per day, 5,874 recovered, 277 died – ministry 16.10.2021
- NSDC approves strategy of Ukraine's biosafety, biosecurity – Danilov 16.10.2021
- Danilov: Mere Russian retail chain can no longer operate in Ukraine 16.10.2021
- NSDC adopts Ukraine's info security strategy – Danilov 16.10.2021
Ukraine expects to attract loan from UK for GPB 21 mln for purchase of 4 mln PCR tests
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The Cabinet of Ministers has approved a GBP 21 million loan from the UK in 2021 to purchase 4 million PCR tests, the Ministry of Finance has said.
"The Cabinet of Ministers has approved the draft resolution ‘On the implementation of public external borrowing in 2021 by attracting a loan from the UK’s Export Finance Agency," the Ministry of Finance said on its website on Wednesday.
A loan within the framework of government external borrowing will allow to attract GBP 21 million for the purchase of kits for 4 million PCR studies, added the Ministry of Finance.
"The term for using the loan is four years," the message says.
According to the ministry, the contract for the supply of kits for 4 million PCR studies was concluded within the framework of the current memorandum of understanding between the Cabinet of Ministers and the Secretary of State of the Queen of Great Britain, which operates through the UK Export Finance Agency (UKEF).