- Maliuska, Canadian Minister of Justice discuss investigation of war crimes committed on Ukraine’s territory 28.11.2022
- Zelensky meets with FMs of seven Nordic countries 28.11.2022
- Turkish, Finnish and Swedish FMs to discuss NATO membership issues in Bucharest 28.11.2022
- On Sunday, invaders attack in vicinity of Avdiyivka, Dnipro, Kryvyi Rih, and Zaporizhia – ISW 28.11.2022
- Supreme Commander's HQ agrees on ways to respond to possible challenges 28.11.2022
Ukraine expects Indonesia to officially condemn sham referenda – Kondratiuk
KYIV. Oct 6 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Deputy Chairperson of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Olena Kondratiuk has met with Speaker of the House of Representatives of Indonesia Puan Maharani in Jakarta, the press service of the Ukrainian parliament said.
"We expect Indonesia to officially condemn the illegal referenda and attempts of Russia to annex the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine," Kodratiuk said during the meeting.
She stressed that it is also extremely important to condemn war crimes committed by Russia.
"If Indonesia joins the international trade restrictions against Russia, that would be a significant contribution to restoring peace," she said.
Ukraine also counts on Indonesia’s assistance in mine clearance operations, Kondratiuk added.
"We count on assistance in mine clearance operations in the Ukrainian territories, which will take years, as well as rehabilitation programs for injured civilians," she said.
Maharani, in turn, said that Indonesia opposes violation of the principles of international law. Jakarta supports the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine and will help to restore peace, she said.