- Two Ukrainian soldiers wounded in Donbas over past day – JFO HQ 26.10.2021
- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2021 26.10.2021
- Ukraine invited for first time to Conference of National Armaments Directors at NATO headquarters – Defense Ministry 25.10.2021
- Moldovan Socialists' delegation fails to agree with Moscow on gas supplies at below market prices – source 25.10.2021
- Fight against illegal filling stations can be temporarily entrusted to law enforcement agencies 25.10.2021
Ukraine expects from US step towards meeting in provision of air defense, missile defense systems – Taran
KYIV. Oct 13 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine expects the United States to take a step towards providing new models, first of all, it concerns air defense and nuclear-armed intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs), Ukrainian Defense Minister Andriy Taran has said.
"Regarding new models. Yes, we expect the United States to take a step towards us in providing new models, first of all, it concerns air defense and missile defense systems, which, unfortunately, do not exist in Ukraine at this time," Taran told reporters in Kyiv on Wednesday.
The Minister pointed out that during the visit of US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin to Ukraine, they plan to discuss the implementation of those agreements, those treaties that were signed in Washington.
"Since agreements on paper are one thing, and their implementation is already another step, a step forward. We signed these documents, prepared proposals to start their implementation, and now we are planning to discuss exactly the ways of implementation, in which direction we will move, and what we will do exactly in accordance with the documents that were signed," Taran explained.