- HCJ Ethics Council holds first meeting: first sections of regulations approved, leadership elected 01.12.2021
- Some 30 years passed since referendum on Ukraine's independence 01.12.2021
- Ukrainian political prisoner Ivan Yatskin goes on hunger strike – attorney 01.12.2021
- SBU verifies info on possible coup preparations – Venediktova 01.12.2021
- NATO countries respond to Ukraine's call to contain Russia – Kuleba 01.12.2021
Ukraine expecting from new German govt tough warning of Russia about possible sanctions – ambassador
KYIV. Nov 26 (Interfax-Ukraine) – Ukraine expects the new German government to issue Russia a tough warning about new possible sanctions, Ukrainian Ambassador to Germany Andriy Melnyk has said.
"What we expect today from Berlin, from the new so-called ‘traffic light’ government, is the announcement of a tough warning, a new package of ‘traffic light’ sanctions against Moscow. And in case it is announced right now, it would create, in our opinion, the effect of the cold shower on the Kremlin and would spoil the appetite for new military adventures," Melnyk said on the air of the Right to Power (Pravo na Vladu) program on the 1+1 TV channel on Thursday.
According to him, such sanctions by Germany would have to provide for a number of very decisive steps.
"This is both the international isolation of the Putin regime, complete ostracism on the world stage, and the introduction of a comprehensive embargo on Russian imports of energy resources: this is gas, oil, coal, other strategic natural resources, this is the introduction of a ban on any European investment in Russia, the freezing of all Russian property abroad, assets, bank accounts. In a word, these ‘traffic light’ sanctions should have sent a signal to the Kremlin today, right now, that in the event of a new military invasion against Ukraine, it will not have some symbolic sanctions against individual generals, a real apocalypse, a real Armageddon will await the Kremlin," the diplomat emphasized.