- Rada may adopt amendments to regulations in order to avoid delaying budget process – head of budget committee 23.10.2021
- NBU not to punish credit unions for violations caused by quarantine 23.10.2021
- Malta closes entry for Ukrainian tourists 23.10.2021
- Moldovan prime minister says talks with Russia on gas supplies to be continued 'in economic terms' 23.10.2021
- Ukraine offers Europe additional transit of 55 billion cubic meters of gas at discount – NSDC secretary 23.10.2021
Ukraine, EU recognize importance of strengthening Eastern Partnership – joint statement
KYIV. Oct 12 (Interfax-Ukraine) – The joint statement following the 23rd Ukraine-EU Summit acknowledged the current achievements and the importance of further strengthening the Eastern Partnership.
According to the text of the statement released on the website of the President’s Office of Ukraine, Ukraine and the EU are looking forward to the Sixth Eastern Partnership Summit in 2021, which should endorse ambitious long-term policy objectives and the next generation of post-2020 priorities.
"We recognized the achievements to date and the importance of further strengthening the Eastern Partnership based on common values and the principles of differentiation, inclusiveness and joint ownership, and recalled the 2017 Eastern Partnership Summit declaration in this regard. We took good note of the initiative of the three associated partners, aiming at increased coordination between them and enhanced cooperation between the three associated partners and the EU," according to the joint statement.