- Hospitals in Odesa region provided with medical oxygen for patients with coronavirus – Ministry of Health 28.10.2021
- Moldova buys extra 1.5 mln cubic meters of gas on int'l market 28.10.2021
- Over past day, 15 attacks recorded in Donbas, Ukrainian serviceman killed – JFO HQ 28.10.2021
- All 2,200 MW capacities offered at auction for import of electricity from Russia bought by eight companies 28.10.2021
- Member of 'Right Sector' shot in Sumy 28.10.2021
Ukraine, EU agree to exploit fully potential of Association Agreement – joint statement
KYIV. Oct 12 (Interfax-Ukraine) – President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky, President of the European Council Charles Michel and President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen agreed to exploit fully the potential of the Association Agreement of Ukraine in the EU and fulfill mutual commitments to that end.
This is stated in a joint statement, which was adopted by the heads of Ukraine and the European Union following the 23rd Ukraine-EU summit on Tuesday, and published on the presidential website.
"We acknowledged the European aspirations of Ukraine and welcomed its European choice, as stated in the Association Agreement and in the context of its entry into force in September 2017, after the December 2016 decision by the EU Heads of State or Government […] We agreed to exploit fully the potential of the Association Agreement and stressed the mutual commitments to that end," the officials said in the document.
It notes that effective implementation of the Association Agreement and its Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area which, linked to the broader process of regulatory approximation and related necessary reforms, contributes to establishing conditions for enhanced economic and trade relations with the EU.
This, in turn, will lead to "Ukraine’s further gradual economic integration in the European Union Internal Market, as envisaged in the Association Agreement."